Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Groundhogs Day!

...and speaking of shadows, we seem to have one with us here constantly. Moriah loves to be in the same room as us. Always. She usually wants to be doing whatever it is I'm doing. It is great to have help with the mundane tasks such as emptying the dishwasher, doing laundry or making the bed. Other times she just wants to be in the same room. Several months ago I was replacing all the outlet covers downstairs and Mo was quite content playing with her basket of toys. Soon, I noticed she would pack up her basket and move as I moved. She kept her distance, always about 3 feet behind me. I took her all over the house, and as long as I didn't complain about having a shadow, she didn't complain about unpacking and packing her toys. Then there are the times when I need just a few minutes to myself. Moriah and I have started calling this "Mama Time".

Today Jeremy got to experience the need for "Papa Time". He had a few things that he had to get done around the house quickly this morning. Moriah was all over the place - back and forth, trying to keep up with him. Finally, Jeremy very sternly said, "Moriah, please stop following me." Then he looked over at me and asked, "Is this what it is like?" Yup. Mo was a little sensitive and started to pout, but quickly regained her composure, came back to Jeremy and said, "I'm sorry you yelled at me."

Then there is Madelyn, who is still very self-sufficient. Given the opportunity, she will grab one of Moriah's books and hide under the foot stool!




One of our activities this week was to make Moriah an art desk. Making art projects seems to keep Moriah well occupied for long periods of time. We encourage this in our household!

No comments: