Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hello. How Are You? Goodbye.

Whenever Moriah has a pretend conversation on the phone it goes like this: "Hello, How are you?, Goodbye." It lasts maybe 4 seconds. It kind of feels like our recent visit with my parents which lasted all of 18 hours. They flew in last Friday afternoon with the intention of staying 10 days, however a family emergency came up and they had to fly back to Michigan the following morning. As you can tell from the pictures we made the best of the few waking hours we had. I love the (unstaged) shots of Moriah smiling - so genuine, so real.



A common pose for Madelyn:  Point in the direction she wishes to go





Skating in the kitchen rink







I love the way Maddie looks in this picture-


Maddie is very talented with her feet








 

Moriah's "heart hurt" when we dropped Bachaan and Opa off at the airport.

It was very interesting watching Mom interact with the girls.  For the first time I realized, and Jeremy pointed it out too, I am much more like my mom than I ever imagined.  As she played with Moriah it suddenly occurred to me that twenty-four years ago she was doing the same things with me...the very things I am now doing with Moriah.  Thanks Setsuko-Mama!  You've passed down some great qualities that help me enjoy being a mother to my two wonderful girls.

2 comments:

SMS said...

So sweet. I am sorry they didn't get to stay for the whole visit, hope everything is ok. Miss you guys!!!!!

John Hayato said...

I've been waiting to see pics of the parents there. You guys took some adorable photos. Too bad the rents had to head back to MI so soon.