Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Okay, Okay, enough waiting already!


Our Big news I spoke of in our last post??? We are moving! (Again, *sigh*) Where, you ask? Boone, North Carolina. Why, you ask? Because moving is what we do best. No, not really. Jeremy has scored an AWESOME job with Mountain Lumber Company, one we couldn't refuse. FINALLY, we can see ourselves committing long term to a company and a town (*sigh*). Since breaking the news to friends and family I've heard nothing but good about the area - beautiful, very outdoorsy (skiing, hiking, white water rafting, fishing), great schools (second in the state), a great company to work for (received the Employer of the Year award from the chamber of commerce), a lot offered through Appalachian State University (for you football fans, they were the no-name school who beat Michigan in the season opener this past year), etc...

When will this be taking place, you ask? It already is! Jeremy started working last week. The girls and I are making a slow transition over the course of the next few months. We will be temporarily renting a 2 bedroom basement-apartment that the manager of the Mountain Lumber so kindly offered at a great price. Since housing is completely UNaffordable out there (the locals first question is "Are you looking for a first home or a second?), we are considering the option of building, which would be a dream come true for us.

And that, my friends, sums up the most recent excitement in our lives. I realize it is hard to keep up with us (literally) as we've moved one too many times. In the coming weeks our address and phone number will change - I will send a mass email out with our new contact info. You can still reach us at jmbollman@yahoo.com.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Michelle, I just knew that's what you were going to say. We lived there for seven years and ADORED it. As far as housing, look at the places that don't start with a 'B' (Boone, Banner Elk, Blowing Rock) Try Foscoe, Vilas, etc. We know of tons of fun places to go! Let me know if I can help move or watch the girls.

SMS said...

SO excited for you guys!! So not excited for us :( oh well... it's still totally drivable :)

Katrina Pfruender said...

I am so excited for you guys!! When I work at camp for a couple of summers I lived Plumtree, NC and on the weekends we went to Boone which was about a half hour away. I loved it there! I totally fell in love with the mountians there and wished that someday God would call me to live there. Well He hasn't yet, but I hope you will love it and know we are praying for you as you move again.