Monday, January 7, 2008

Torn

Oh, what to do!? Moriah has been sick for the past few days, leaving me worn out and with little patience. Both girls are finally down for naps and I am torn between taking a nap (only to be rudely awakened to Moriah yelling "MOM, come get me. I'm all done resting!") and trying to stay awake, reading, drinking a cup of coffee and having some MICHELLE time. It's funny- just the other day Moriah and I were playing pretend and she would wave her wand over me to turn me into a princess. When we were through, she waved the wand one last time and said, "And now, I turn you back into a MAMA." It is times like these when I realize so much of my identity is wrapped up in being a mom. Already I can see it will be hard to go through the whole empty nest thing in 20 years. Then again, I'm sure Jeremy will be so excited to have just the two of us in our home, he'll have adventures galore planned. Alright, a decision has been made - I just remembered Jeremy has a meeting after work and will be home late. I'm going to go nap and get some extra rest in preparation for the hours between 4 and 6 pm when babies and mothers seem to struggle most...

1 comment:

Michelle D said...

It's so bad but Tisho used to call that afternoon time "suicide hour." That's the time I like to have a cup of coffee (even if it's currently decaf - I've got a good imagination), put on a little music that both parties enjoy and call Erik so I know how long I have to juggle:) Tonight we were going nuts though so I threw on their coats and we walked down to watch the trains (I'm going to miss that!) Then Jack said, "Look a rock!" But it was dark and it was not a rock so we had to walk home and wash little hands. Then we walked out front and the boys played on the teeter-totter until Papa got home. Anyway, I will be praying that Moriah feels better soon and since we have this crazy time change I still have time to pray that your evening goes well. I'll have to call you soon - I've been wanting to talk:)