Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A trip to the park

The girls enjoyed a lovely trip to the park this past weekend.  It is one of our favorites about 15 minutes from Winston in Kernersville.  The ground is made of rubber mulch which is definitely a plus - no sand to brush off the girls.  







I can't tell who is more scared?  I don't think Maddie has quite figured out what is about to happen.





Moriah is a bit excited...can you tell she REALLY loves her sister?


I'm so proud of Mo.  Just 3 weeks ago I could barely get her to go down the slide on her own. Everytime we went to the park, she would steer clear of the slides...which left for swinging, and more swinging.  Finally 2 weeks ago she watched Claire (who is 17 months) go down on her own which convinced her that maybe she too could do it!  That same day at the park I looked for Mo and found her dangling from one of the openings of the playground equipment, about 4 feet in the air.  Another mom and I quick ran to catch her from falling to the ground.  The mother commented, "Saw that coming."  Not me.  Mo just started sliding - how was I to know she'd take up bungee jumping the same day?



3 comments:

Michelle D said...

Great pictures! Jack loves slides but Ian has never tried one except at Ikea. He would probably be pretty good at it too considering he's my big tough boy. At the doctor today Jack was only one pound more than Ian:) Moriah is so beautiful and Maddie is just so dang cute I want to come through the computer and hug her. I can't wait to meet her. I didn't want to let Gemma go - it made me want to try for a girl:)

Amy said...

I'm pretty sure that is the same playground you took us too -- it is really nice....and the rubber pad is great for kids who dangle and fall unnoticed by their parents :) Good thing you caught her in time though. The girls are absolutely adorable -- Maddie is looking so "big" in the "older" sense...maybe it's because she has a hairstyle -- Gemma still just has baby fluff.
Much love, we miss you guys.

Ellen said...

Wow! I LOVE seeing this! That park is right across the street from my grandmother's house. I went there so many times as a child. They've really done it up fancy. I'm guessing there are no longer tire swings and merry go rounds. Sigh. It was just our little local park, so I think it's great that people drive to go to it.